Governance Documents and Policies
In 2016, the Rockingham Montessori School community held strategic planning workshops at the Karnup campus, and developed five strategic pillars that form the foundation of the living document that is the RMS Strategic Plan. These pillars are:
- School growth, financial stability and marketing
- Comprehensive adolescent program options
- Delivery of best practice in Montessori education and curriculum
- Focus on environment and sustainability
- Development of School culture.
The Board has prepared a summary of achievements since the Strategic Plan was developed and outlined specific emphases for the remainder of 2018/2019. Please download the pdf documents below.
- Parent Letter re Karnup Registration 101018
- RMS Strategic Plan
- Strategic Plan letter 110618
- JDAP extension letter to parents 150518
- Letter to School Community 170417
- FAQ’s on Karnup 220317
The School’s constitution is the document which sets out the rules for how the School governs itself. Inherent in these rules are fundamental beliefs about what the School aims to do, how the School makes decisions, and who is responsible for what.
Several meetings are held during the year at RMS. Please find the current AGM meeting minutes along with other parent inclusive meeting minutes.
- AP Meeting 06082018
- Annual General Meeting Minutes 2017
- Annual General Meeting Minutes 2018
- AGM Presentation
The School prepares an Annual Report which includes a wide variety of information including the educational program, staffing, finance and governance. Based on each calendar year, the report takes several months to collate and prepare and is accepted by the membership at the AGM.
Montessori Quality Assurance Program
Rockingham Montessori school continues to be a Montessori School of Excellence.
Parents receive a Parent Handbook when a child enrols at Rockingham Montessori School.
School policies guide decision-making day-to-day and provide clarity, transparency and consistency. They are also required by external agencies, in particular the Department of Education Services and the Department for Consumer Protection.
- Allergy and Anaphylaxis Management Policy
- Appropriate Behaviour Policy
- Asthma Management Policy
- Attendance Management Policy
- Bursary Policy
- Child Protection Policy
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Confidentiality Policy
- Discrimination and Equal Opportunity Policy
- Duty of Care Policy
- Enrolment Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Healthy Eating Policy
- Infectious and Communicable Diseases Policy
- Information and Communication Technology Policy
- OHS Policy
- Recording of Incidents Policy
- Sun Protection Policy
- Waste Wise Policy